The other day, I did the unthinkable: I went grocery shopping hungry. We all know that means loading our carts with completely unnecessary and not-so-healthy items. In fact, it had gotten so out of control that I had to force myself to place items back on the shelves before I headed to the checkout line.
Among the likes of Flavor Blasted Goldfish and Twizzlers was an artichoke spread that was hands down the item that I was most hesitant to put back. However, once I came to the realization that I could easily make this spread on my own, I got a tad giddy and scurried around the grocery store to select the items I’d needed to make it. Also, with my herb garden in its prime, I knew the fresh herbs that I’d incorporate into the spread would bring it to a whole new level.
What you’ll need:
- 1 can of artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- 1/4 cup EVOO
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, chopped
- Cracked black pepper and Himalayan salt to taste
What you’ll do:
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor; pulse until blended
- Spoon into a serving bowl and serve with crackers or toasted baguette slices
I must say, this spread turned out wonderfully. The fresh herbs (as anticipated) as well as the fresh lemon juice gave the spread a really bright flavor and a very light feel. As you can see, I served it with crackers. How could you see yourself serving this healthy, yet delish spread?