I looooove me some chia pudding. Simply throw some ingredients in a jar and you’ve got yourself a delicious, nutritious breakfast come morning. What’s not to love? Chia pudding is perfect for breakfasts on the go. I also love it as pre-run fuel because it’s packed with countless nutrients.
My latest and greatest flavor combination for chia pudding is blueberry and lemon. Although a classic flavor combination, CSA blueberries and fresh lemon zest truly kick it up a notch. While my recipe yields one serving, I generally make four servings at a time so that I’m stocked for the week.
What you’ll need:
- 1 half-pint (8 oz.) mason jar
- 1/4 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tbsp. rolled oats
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. pure maple syrup
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/3 cup almond milk
What you’ll do:
- Add all ingredients to a half-pint mason jar, adding the almond milk last
- Shake vigorously until all ingredients are combined
- Allow to cure in the refrigerator overnight